Thursday, September 22, 2011

Banana Cupcakes with Nutella frosting

Have you ever had an abundance of overly ripe bananas and did not have a single clue as to what to do with them…..Make banana cupcakes! Today I had a few bananas that were too brown for me too eat but I felt like a waster just throwing them out, so I opened my recipe book and decided to make banana cupcakes with Nutella frosting. Nutella frosting to me is the best accompaniment that I could think of for banana cupcakes. However if you like something different by all means try it. Let’s begin the ingredient and directions are below:

Ingredients for cupcakes:

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups of sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½  teaspoon salt
1 cup of unsalted butter, melted
3 cups mashed bananas
4 large eggs
½  teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ banana extract

 

Directions:

1.      Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.      Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners (this recipe makes 36 cupcakes)
3.      In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
4.      Make a well in center of flour mixture
5.       In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and extract.
6.      Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not over mix).
7.      Dividing evenly fill muffin cups with batter
8.      Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean  which is about  25 to 30 minutes
9.      Let cupcakes cool, let’s start on the frosting
Nutella frosting:
6 &1/2 cups of confectioners' sugar
1 cup of milk
2 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 & 1/4 cups of room temperature Nutella

Now you can frost the cupcakes using whatever method you may like however, I normally use a disposable frosting bag and a #1m cake decorating tip. Check out the picture!!!!


1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.